List of Questions
- What about rape (incest, etc.)?
- What about when it’s required to save the mother’s life?
- What about when the woman’s health is at stake?
- What about a deformed fetus?
- What about when the fetus has a medical condition that will cause him to die at birth?
- Wouldn’t population explode?
- Won’t vulnerable women die in droves in back-alley abortions if Roe v. Wade is overturned?
- If the law recognizes fetuses as persons, then women who have abortions will be charged with murder and might face the death penalty. Doesn’t that compound the injustice of the desperate situation they are already facing?
- Who are you to make a woman’s lifestyle decisions for her?
- The Violinist Argument
- The Kidney Donation Argument
- It’s just a blob of tissue!
- I think personhood depends on sentience (consciousness, etc.).
- Fertilization is a gradual process, so how can it be the “line” marking the beginning of personhood?
- If a human being is produced via cloning, no fertilization event ever happened, so fertilization cannot be the beginning of personhood.
- In the case of monozygotic twins, two persons result from a single fertilization event, so fertilization cannot mark personhood.
- The lack of distress that society feels at the reality of miscarriage seems inconsistent with the pro-life position that tremendous loss of human life is involved.
- Why aren’t you doing anything to amend the social situations that make abortion needed?
- I have no respect for pro-lifers because they’re not anti-war (anti-death-penalty, etc.).
- You’re a man; what business do you have getting involved in this issue?
- Why are pro-lifers opposed to contraception?
- I’ve had an abortion; are you calling me a murderer? Then what are you calling me?